2016

2016

7/16/2015

My trip to Brisbane, Australia 1

Hello, Emi is here.

I was invited to stay at the quilt artist's, Lynette Anderson, from June 30th to July 7th. We gave our students workshops for two days last January when Lynette was in Japan.



   
The Sunshine Coast is where she lives. When I arrived at Brisbane International Airport, Lynette and her husband, Vince, were there to pick me up and then we headed home.




On the way home there were some big mountains in my line of vision because nothing to block my view.

Including the very popular site, "Uluru, also known as Ayers Rock", the mountains are monoliths, according to Vince, which symbolizes the mountains in Australia.

It is winter now in the southern hemisphere, but the weather in Brisbane felt like an early summer in Japan with extremely strong sunshine.




There is a man made river running through her town and this was the view from her terrace in the evening .
I found it very beautiful that the moon reflected on the water.



First on my list was to visit Lynette's quilt store called "little quilt shop". It's only a 10 minute drive from her home.





She designs fabric for RJR as well as buttons and kits, which are always popular.

I like her displays, each of which tells you the concept of her fabric collections.








1 comment:

Lynette Anderson said...

It was so nice to have you visit us, please come again sometime :)