2016

2016

2/02/2012

Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival 2012

It took me a while to share photos from Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival 2012 with you.  I will be a guide to take you to this wonderful quilt world by categories.

Special presentation of Reiko Washizawa's Fantasy world - Alice's Adventure in Wonderland.

Personally I love everything to do with "Alice in Wonderland" so that I could not stop myself checking this display first.

The entrance



There was a long gorgeous dining table where a tea party just had begun!




Look at it! It had so much detail!



The playing cards were marching...

The exit




Inviting friends with quilt


Some well known quilters decorated their rooms with quilts.I would especially like to share the one of Junko Sawada here.


I liked this combination of colors, mainly with green.



There were so many different things to see. Every time I looked at, I found something new!



 Even the outside of wall had displays!


Framed quilt gallery

Maybe a piece like this would be hard to find in any other shows.


Can you guess what it is?
It shows ways of Obi- tying. It is called "Play Sasameyuki (light snowfall)" made by Pachiko Yoshida.


Various new quilts appear opposite one another / prayers by needles

Masako's latest quilt "One for All, All for one" (Anata to Watashi no Quilt in Japanese) was exhibited here.



It was inspired by our project called "Patch for Japan" (Anata to Watashi no Quilt ) for people living in Ishinomaki.

If you would like to get further info, please click here!


No comments: